IMPACT EVALUATION TRAINING
Venue: African School of Economics located at 1095 Oladipo Diya St, Gudu 900110, Abuja Nigeria
Date/Time: November 21- 25, 2022 at 9:00 – 1:00 pm WAT
Early bird Registration start and end dates: 24th to 30th October
Early Bird Fee: USD 800 ($800) or NGN336,000
Normal Registration start and end dates: 1st to 11th November
Normal course Fee: USD 1000 ($1000) or NGN420,000
Course Duration: Classroom-based – 5 Days
Introduction to the course
This course is designed to equip the participants with adequate skills to conduct rigorous impact evaluations for their interventions. This tutor-based certification programme covers all aspects of planning, designing, and implementing an impact evaluation and provides a practical approach to designing, conducting, and interpreting impact evaluations. It brings together researchers, evaluation experts and development practitioners in a collaborative and instructive space. Are you ready to become a certified impact evaluation specialist?
Who attends this Training?
- Monitoring and evaluation specialists
- Independent evaluators
- Project coordinators and programme managers
- Donor staff appraising and evaluating projects and programmes
- Policy-makers in government and development practitioners
- Non-governmental organization officials involved in monitoring and evaluating.
What you will learn:
- General concepts and considerations for evaluation
- Selecting the right approach and methodologies to design an impact evaluation
- A step-by-step approach to designing an impact evaluation
- Conceptualization of the impact evaluation scheme: purpose, scope, impact evaluation questions, and methodology
- Plan and use data collection methods and data management in the context of impact evaluations
- Analysis of quantitative and qualitative data to assess programme or project intervention causality
- Organizing the impact evaluation: contracting and managing consultants
- Reporting, dissemination, and use of impact evaluation conclusions
- Engaging stakeholders in impact evaluations
- A body of knowledge on theories of and approaches used to conduct impact evaluations of public policies, development programmes, and projects
- Evaluations of development cooperation impacts: the recurring dilemma of attribution versus contribution
- Experimental and quasi-experimental impact evaluation design
- Contribution, correlation, and longitudinal studies to evaluate the impact
- Methodologies and approaches to design impact evaluation using both: qualitative and quantitative data-based design
- Criteria to decide which is the most appropriate impact evaluation methodology
- Analytical frameworks for quantitative and qualitative approaches to impact evaluations
Upon completion of this course, you’ll walk away with:
- Practical skills and strategies immediately applicable to the methods of data collection, processing, and analysis for impact evaluations
- Ability to think critically about managing and utilizing the impact evaluation for decision-making and development of new knowledge
- A firm understanding of the quantitative tools and research methodologies for conducting evidence-based impact evaluations, and effective policy communication skills.
- A certificate of competence from the African School of Economics and Cloneshouse Nigeria – a world-leading graduate institution in Africa – and invaluable experience learning from subject-matter experts and a global cohort of like-minded professionals.
Over the duration of this certificate course, you’ll work your way through the following modules:
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued a certificate.
Application Deadline: 11 November, 2022
Have further questions?
For further questions about this training call Princess Odey at [email protected] or call (+234-813-761-7995) or check our FAQ for frequently asked questions.